Water is an essential factor for sustainable environmental growth of a country or a planet, there have been no doubt that the development of advanced-level and innovative methods of water conservation, rainwater harvesting and ground water recharge during the last five years mark an epoch in the art of water conservation.
Life Green Systems understand the dire need of a new global culture that finds the existence of future oriented and water smart technologies to eliminate the growing water woes in an urban and agricultural setup. This is the era when water shortages should be transformed into the scenario of water abundance to build a better life on this planet.
In order to develop water smart cities, several water experts are writing letters to the relevant government bodies to adopt newer and innovative technologies for rainwater harvesting, hydrogeological studies, watershed management and artificial recharge of ground water.
However, one should not avoid the fact that, “Water conservation and groundwater recharge is a science.” So, before promoting or implementing any project under CSR, the local context of a watershed has to be studied. For this reason, a detailed hydrogeological study, comprehensive water audit, water level contour map and other calculations should be in place prior to initiate modular rainwater harvesting for rainwater store/ reuse or artificial recharge of ground water project in any region.
Helping urban or rural areas to mitigate drought and flood with Corporate Social Responsibility
CSR should be part of a company business strategy, just as important as sharing the profit. Satisfying each stakeholder group (consumers, suppliers, employees, NGOs) allows companies to maximize their commitment to their investors. Nowadays, water conservation is playing the major role in CSR projects of various companies in developing countries. Improving water conservation through innovative technologies and implementing rainwater harvesting in rural areas have gained substantial importance in the last two years due to the increasing flooding and drought problems. Besides, water conservation maintaining quality of water or soil also promotes environment sustainability and can be among the significant CSR projects.
Modular rainwater harvesting (Store and Reuse): It is one of the major initiatives companies can take in the field of water centric CSR projects to enhance the quality as well as the quantity of captured rainwater. For such projects, the total volume of water storage required depends upon the surface type and rainfall intensity in a region.
- Rainwater planning and designing
- Survey of the proposed site
- Data mining and survey report writing
- Technical data analysis and feasibility assessment
- Hydro geological report writing for rainwater harvesting
- Geomorphology and physical information of study area
Hydrogeological and hydrological surveys: This must be carried out in the industrial or residential or commercial areas to determine the interaction between water and civil development of all types. The below mentioned studies should be done for a detailed report before implementing water conservation practice.
- Hydro-geological investigation (groundwater study)
- Water level contour map
- Electrical resistivity survey
- Supervision of pumping test and water drilling
Artificial recharge of ground water: Artificial Recharge of Ground Water is a process by which excess surface water is directed into the ground by man-made systems like Recharging wells, recharging pits, percolation tanks etc. Artificial recharge is a way to store water from the surface of the earth to underground water-where it may be stored to avoid shortage of water in the future.
Undoubtedly, water demand in urban cities is at peak!
Therefore, the construction of Green Buildings must be increased for the sustainable growth and socio-economic development of a country. The below guidelines will be useful to the developers and builders, on various aspects of water management.
- Minimizing the demand of water required within building, landscape, process (air-conditioning etc) and construction.
- Techniques, best practices and standards for recycling of wastewater (Zero Liquid Discharge).
- Minimizing the load on the municipal supply and groundwater sources through recycling of water (Underground Water Storage Tank)
- Techniques for rainwater harvesting including estimation of the potential of rainwater harvesting for different region (Modular Rainwater Harvesting)
- Measures for quality control of various water source such as fresh water, underground water, municipal, tankers, rainwater and recycled water